Below is a must watch video of Congressman Mike Rogers' (Michigan) opening statement on Health Care reform in Washington D.C. in July:
Update 9/4/09: It appears the quote used in the video above wasn't really from Lincoln but appeared in the newspapers to honor Lincoln, just so we have this clear:
The "Ten Points" appear every February 12th in newspaper ads honoring Abraham Lincoln from the pen of Reverend William John Henry Boetcker (1873-1962).
* You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
* You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
* You cannot help small men by tearing down big men.
* You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
* You cannot lift the wage-earner by pulling down the wage-payer.
* You cannot keep out of trouble by spending more than your income.
* You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
* You cannot establish sound security on borrowed money.
* You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man's initiative and independence.
* You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves.